- AI Safety, AI Planning, Action-Model Learning, and Analysis of Abstractions.
- My research focuses on safe and reliable behavior of AI agents. I am currently investigating the minimal set of interfaces in an AI system that would enable a user to assess and understand the limits of its safe operability. In the past I have worked in the area of bio-inspired robotics, speech processing and internet of things.
Ph.D. in Computer Science
Arizona State University
- GPA: 4.0 (4.0 scale).
- Advisor: Prof. Siddharth Srivastava.
- I work in Autonomous Agents and Intelligent Robots (AAIR) Lab.
M.Tech. in Computer Science & Engineering
Indian Institute of Technology Guwahati, India
- GPA: 9.07 (10.0 scale).
- Advisor: Prof. Pradip K. Das.
- Thesis: Resource Usage Analysis for Speech Recognition Techniques.
B.E. in Information Technology
Shri Vaishnav Institute of Technology & Science, India
- Capstone Project: Smart Analyzer - Predict and Cache Webpages based on Usage.
Graduate Research Associate
Arizona State University.
- Investigating the minimal set of interfaces in an AI system that would enable a user to assess and understand the limits of its safe operability.
- Developed a framework which generates interrogation policies to derive the human interpretable model of an autonomous agent.
- Reduced the STRIPS-model comparison to a planning problem which enabled identifying if two models are not same.
- Modified FF-planner to take PDDL models, initial state, plan as input, and give the final state as output.
- Co-designed the experiments showcasing possible use-case of an NSF project on training lay people to use adaptive AI systems which are safe, robust and reliable.
Storage Efficiency Developer
- Workload Prediction: Predicted workload on a storage volume based on I/O patterns for All Flash systems. This helped in optimizing data storage and management while keeping the nature of data private to the users.
- File and Volume Clones: Developed features and managed issues related to file and volume clones on UNIX-based NetApp proprietary WAFL file system so as to improve the storage efficiency of enterprise data servers.
- Co-developed a file system component which prevented data loss if files and volumes are cloned or modified when cloud backup is offline.
iOS Applications Developer
Tata Consultancy Services Ltd.
- Portfolio Management Applications: Built applications for iPhone and iPad and developed tools so as to analyze the user portfolio in an interactive way.
- Cross-platform Applications: Cross-platform mobile application development of mobile applications supported on both Android and iOS.
Teaching Assistant for a graduate-level Artificial Intelligence Course at Arizona State University.
- CSE 571 Artificial Intelligence.
- Taught by Prof. Siddharth Srivastava.
- Delivered tutorials on Constraint Satisfaction Problems, PDDL, First Order Logic, and Dynamic Bayesian Networks.
- Co-created the software testbed used to support the course projects.
- Created and graded homework assignments.
- Mentored project groups working on class projects.
Teaching Assistant for a graduate-level Speech Processing Course at IIT Guwahati, India.
- CS 566 Speech Processing.
- Taught by Prof. Pradip K. Das.
- Mentored students working on class projects and homeworks.
- Graded homework assignments and exams.
Teaching Assistant for several undergraduate-level Computer Science Lab-Courses at IIT Guwahati, India.
Honors and Awards
- Volunteer, Southwest Robotics Symposium 2019, Tempe, AZ.
- Volunteer, 16th International Conference on Principles of Knowledge Representation and Reasoning, Tempe, AZ.
- Volunteer, National Workshop on GPU Programming and Applications, IIT Guwahati
Software Development Skills
- GitHub: https://github.com/pulkitverma25
- High Level Programming Languages: C, C++, Python, Prolog, Java.
Certifications and Training
- IBM Certified Database Associate - DB2 Universal Database V9 Family.
- Microsoft First Look Clinic Training - Microsoft Windows Server 2009.
- Use Case Modeling and Analysis - IBM Center of Excellence.